Board and Succession Information
The Capitol Choices Editorial Board will include 8-12 members representing librarians, teachers, booksellers, and children’s literature specialists with work experience in the field.
Members of the Editorial Board will solicit and select new members to meet specific needs within the organization. When looking for replacement members, Board members consider experience with Capitol Choices and in the field as well as a breadth of representation for the Board across the many children’s literature fields.
Current Board members will be reappointed after the January meeting, if they agree, for a 3-year term to allow for a staggered rotation on the Board. Future Board members will serve 3-year terms, and may be reappointed once.
The full Editorial Board will meet in January, February, June, and October, and as needed. All except February will be held after the general member meeting. The Board has the following responsibilities:
- Oversee and implement strategic plan for the organization;
- Approve major initiatives (e.g., new direction for the website, new approach to training, etc.);
- Make final selection of titles for annual list, in conjunction with reading group facilitators;
- Oversee production of annual list;
- Advise on bylaws and other legal and financial matters.
Some Board members will have specific duties as needed such as:
- Meeting facilitator
- Liaison to reading group facilitators
- Liaison to Central Rappahannock Library
- Community Engagement
- Social Media
|Board Member||Responsibility||Term Ends|
|Julie Dietzel||Co-Chair||1/2026 (1st term)|
|Melissa LaSalle||Co-Chair||1/2025 (2nd term)|
|Kayla Payne||Treasurer||1/2024 (1st term)|
|Alicia Blowers||Operations||1/2025 (1st term)|
|Aryssa Damron||Digital Content||1/2025 (1st term)|
|Isaiah West||Member and Community Engagement||1/2024 (2nd term)|
|Sarah Butler||Secretary||1/2025 (2nd term)|
|Jessica Woods||Meeting Facilitator||1/2026 (1st term)|
|Kathie Meizner||Editor||1/2024 (1st term)|
Please feel free to contact the Board with ideas, suggestions, and concerns.